02 Nov URGENT: Attention Bushtracker owners with Swift 500 series stove
Urgent Swift Cooker Update
SWIFT APPLIANCE GROUP 02/11/2022
Swift 500 Series Gas Cooker Recall
Website Update / General Communication
Dear Valued Customers,
A remedial process is now available for Swift 500 Series Gas Cookers manufactured between 1 January 2019 – 31 May 2020 (inclusive).
- CHECK if your cooking appliance is a Swift 500 Series Gas Cooker manufactured between 1 January 2019 – 31 May 2020 (inclusive) by referring to the data plate located on the cooker lid.
- STOP using your Swift 500 Series Gas Cooker gas appliances manufactured during the above date range until the front left burner control knob is turned off and removed. For further information, please visit the Swift Appliance Group website – https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/.
- If you are unsure about the model or manufacture date of their cooking appliance, you must stop using it until those details are confirmed.
- Once you confirm that your Swift 500 Series Gas Cooker was manufactured during the above date range, you must immediately stop using the front left burner and remove the control knob as instructed above.
- INSTRUCT all other users not to use the front left burner. However, the other burners and components are safe for ordinary use.
- INSTALL a gas leak detection device if the caravan is intended to travel off-road.
- The gas leak detection device should be fitted inside a cupboard located underneath the Gas Cooker unit.
- TURN OFF the gas supply immediately at the cylinder and ventilate the area if they smell gas.
- Cylinders can be isolated and disabled at the ‘gas isolation valve’ adjacent to the appliance.
- REGISTER your details on the Swift Appliance Group recall registry – https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/recall-register/
- CONTACT an authorised person, licensed plumber, or gas fitter as follows:
- If you are able to attend an approved Swift Service Agent, please book an appointment. A list of Swift Service Agents is on the Swift Appliance Group website https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/repairs-warranty/;
- If you are in a remote area or unable to access an approved Swift Service Agent, please ask a registered gasfitter to contact Swift by phoning 0412 821 912 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for authorisation and instructions to conduct the remedial process.
Please do not allow a registered external gasfitter to conduct the remedial process without Swift’s knowledge and consent.
All registered external gasfitter’s must clearly state their registration number, location and contact details when contacting Swift. Once Swift is satisfied of their qualifications, further support will be provided before the works can be conducted.
For further information or assistance, please contact Swift Appliance Group’s offices by phoning 0412 821 912 Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM, or via email at email@example.com, or please visit https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/.
Once the affected cooker is inspected, repaired (where necessary), and deemed to be safe, it can be used for its intended purpose.
Swift 500 Series Gas Cookers manufactured before 1 January 2019 are free from defect and safe for ordinary use
Swift has concluded its investigations of 500 Series Gas Cookers manufactured before 1 January 2019.
These units are not subject to the recall and you can use these cookers as according to the instructions for use provided with the appliance.
You can also reinstall the front left burner control knob and enjoy unrestricted use.
Swift Appliance Group notes that you must:
- install a gas leak detection device if the caravan is intended to travel off-road; and
- service their Swift Cookers every 2 – 3 years after the initial 12-month warranty period.
Swift Appliance Group sincerely appreciates your patience, cooperation and support during these difficult times.
As the recall continues, we are continuing to take every step necessary to ensure your safety.